I just purchased a new humidor, how do I set it up?
We know the correct way to setup humidor, it’s important. Although we are not cigar dealer, but we need provide the right humidor to our cigar dealer customers, so we know the correct details to protect the cigars by using the humidor. How to set up your humidor correctly? Many people would like to put their cigars’ collections into their new humidor, however, it may ruin your cigars because you don’t humidfy the humidor before you start using it. You must be surprised what I am saying, but let me show you why.
So it is really important to do the following steps to save your cigars by re-humidifing the humidor before using it. It is simple steps, let’s do it now.
- Step 1. Things Required: A piece of clean towal,some distilled water.
- Step2. Wet the clean towell.
- Step 3. You should use the wet towel to wipe every corner of the inside wood of the humidor carefully, you will see the wood’s color becomes darker.
- Step 4. Calibrate the hygrometer, then put it into the humidor.
- Step 5. Meanwhile, fill the humidifier by distilled water and put it into the humidor
- Step 6. Shut the humidor and wait for 24 hours
- Step 7. The next day, check the hygrometer, if it stays at 70%. PERFECT !
Note：But for a brand new humidor, it may takes a few days or weeks to check the humidity, when it stays stably. Great ! It’s time to enjoy your smoking time !
If you have confusion for choose a Right Cigar Humidor, follow how to choose a right humidor cigar, choose the best right humidor for you now.